Now Hiring for Executive Director PositionPosted: 02/14/19
The Goshen Fire Company is currently accepting resumes for the position of Executive Director.
The Goshen Fire Company is a non-profit organization in Chester County Pennsylvania with stations located at
1320 Park Ave West Chester PA 19380
Boot & Greenhill Road, West Chester, PA 19380
We are an active organization, providing EMS, Fire and Fire Police Services to East Goshen, West Goshen, Westtown, Willistown and surrounding townships.
Additional information can be found on our website: www.GoshenFireCo.org
Under general direction of the President of the Goshen Fire Company, is responsible for leading the administrative operations of the Fire Company and supporting the goals and strategies that ensure the long-term success of an integrated combination volunteer and career emergency services organization.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Management of all full-time and part-time employees
- Represent the Fire Company to external stakeholders
- Oversee financial operations such as payables, procurement budget management
- Support volunteer committees and activities as needed
- Maintain compliance with company standard operating procedures as well as local, state and federal laws and regulations
Key duties and accountabilities include:
- Manage all Fire Company employees, including hiring, performance management, training, scheduling, payroll, and the preparation of annual manpower budgets.
- Consults with the appropriate division chief when managing employee performance issues related to fire, rescue or EMS activities.
- Represent the interests of the Fire Company at public events, municipal meetings, and other public and private functions.
Perform needed functions related to data entry and data analytics on administrative information systems – assure information is up-to-date and accurate.
Prepare weekly, monthly, annual and ad-hoc reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinate with and assist Committee chairpersons and Operations leaders as needed. Coordinate contractor activity, perform routine daily functions, support volunteer activities.
- Ensure Company compliance with administrative standard operating procedures and local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Support the Health and Safety functions of the operating divisions. Route accident and injury documentation to appropriate carriers and manage issue resolution.
- Perform needed activities to on-board of new members in accordance with Company policy.
- Coordinate with and assist the Treasurer, Financial Secretary and Corporate Secretary with daily activities.
- Research and apply for grants and seek funding sources to increase Fire Company revenue.
- Prepare and manage budget activities for areas of direct responsibility.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or Emergency Management or equivalent combination of demonstrated experience, leadership and training.
- Generally requires 12+ years related experience
Desired Experience and Skills
- 10+ years prior business and emergency services experience.
- 5-7 years management/leadership experience.
- Familiarity with State and Federal laws and regulations as well as accepted human resources practices related to employment and volunteer activities.
- Experience leading diverse teams of employees in a 24x7 environment.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience working with the public and the media.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products and various IT applications for emergency services
- Ability to work independently and efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Combination Fire Department leadership experience beneficial.
- Must work flexible hours to suit the business needs of the organization
- Occasional travel may be required
Salary – commensurate with experience
If interested, please send a cover letter and your resume to: Admin@GoshenFireCo.org
Review of the resumes will begin March 15th and continue until the position is filled.